Page 83

Geneeskundeboek-Opmaak Binnenwerk-ENG.indd

81 Former convent of the faliezusters and a part of the second town wall, 1930. | RHCL GAM F14187 J. Brand, who called himself ‘entrepeneur des insinés à Maastricht’, married Didden’s widow and was later succeeded by one of Didden’s sons, so that one might rightly speak of a family business. In 1799 eleven women and two men were cared for. In 1803 fifteen women and nine men were admitted. The Conseil, which later was named Hospice Civil, did pay the bills, but tried to recover the costs from patients’ families whenever they could.


Geneeskundeboek-Opmaak Binnenwerk-ENG.indd
To see the actual publication please follow the link above