Page 170

Geneeskundeboek-Opmaak Binnenwerk-ENG.indd

168 The investment amounted to 55 thousand guilders. The ophthalmoscopy, a dark room and a laboratory. There were day Maastricht architect Willem Sprenger (1875 -1944) was asked rooms for patients who stayed in the hospital, bedrooms for the to design the building and the firm of Muyres of Sittard was nuns and housekeeping facilities. The building was very asked to construct the building. On 31 July, 1909 the clinic was modern and had telephone, steam heating, ventilation and gas officially opened by the commissioner of the queen in the lighting. province of Limburg. In lyrical phrases the physician-director The number of patients continued to increase. In described the qualities of the building in the annual report of 1919, 7,388 outpatient consultations with to 2,844 patients 1908. There was an outpatient clinic and a clinic with a ward were conducted and 305 patients were admitted and 199 major for men and one for women, as well as rooms for two and for surgeries performed. The charge for poor patients was three patients for a total of thirty patients. There was an continued and remained unchanged until 1937 at one guilder operating theatre, a sterilisation room, a room for entrance fee and after that three months of treatment free of


Geneeskundeboek-Opmaak Binnenwerk-ENG.indd
To see the actual publication please follow the link above